Monday, December 5, 2016

Rich and Creamy Ginger Scones



Rose's Rich and Creamy Ginger Scones
are aptly named.
They are so delicate.

I used left over Irish butter
which is higher in fat
and thus were
extra creamy.

Her method of whipping
the cream and adding it
to the mix does make for an airy crumb.

Trader Joe's didn't have candied ginger
because it has lead in it.
Yikes!
I added left over golden raisins which
were soaking in rum
from a previous recipe of Rose's.
They go perfectly with the ginger.


I missed the instruction to make sure
they were a couple inches apart from each other.
Obviously mine were too close
but I cut them apart and they were fine.


I love Rose's method
for making these scones
and can see the flavors
easily being adapted.
They are truly spectacular.
~
by
Rose Levy Beranbaum




1 comment: