Saturday, November 12, 2016

Irish Soda Bread



Rose's Irish Soda Bread
is delicious!

My daughter said that this
would be the easiest recipe
of Rose's I would ever make
and she was right.

After soaking the golden raisins in rum instead of whiskey,
it was toss flour, baking soda, sugar, salt,
buttermilk and butter together with the raisins.

I used the dough hook on the Kitchen Aid
for a brief knead.

I forgot to compare recipes
since my book is a rogue copy.
Sure enough, it didn't specify
to drain the raisins
and I poured the whole
lot in. You can see how
wet the dough is.


Mounded onto a pan for a quick bake.


I thought all was well 
until 
Patty asked if I made the whiskey butter?
Ooops, forgot!
I soaked some more raisins
in rum and whipped up the butter.


I love this bread toasted
and the rum butter
truly set it off.

I'm so surprised by the flavor profile.
This will definitely be making
an appearance on St. Patrick's Day.

~
by
Rose Levy Beranbaum



4 comments:

  1. That does sound easy, and looks delicious! I'll have to get back into the Bread Bible bake through soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, what you bake looks scrumptious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bread! I like the whiskey butter, pairs so well with the soda bread!

    ReplyDelete