Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Hungarian Raisin Walnut Tartlets


Is everybody having a good time
with 
Mars in retrograde?
Clearly this was not the recipe
to space out on.

After I made the dough,
I saw the bit about needing to triple 
the recipe.

My math was off
and it turned into
a soggy, vinegary mess.

To start over in this heat wave
we are having
or buy ready made dough?
Ready made dough won.

The raisin mixture was
simple enough to mix up
except I botched 
that, too.
I popped the raisins and
toasted walnuts into the
Cuisinart for a whirl
instead of the sugar, egg, vanilla
mixture.
Didn't seem to hurt it any.



I baked a few in the
ill gotten pastry dough
and the rest 
in a Nordic Ware non-stick
mini tartlet pan.


I am surprised how
delicious these are.
Next time I'm adding
a bit of unsweetened coconut.
Hopefully, 
Mars will be out of retrograde
and Mercury is nowhere to be found.

Crust-less
~

by
Rose Levy Beranbaum











3 comments:

  1. It's amazing how many things can go wrong in one little recipe! But your solutions were very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours looks great Vicki, despite the mishaps. At least it's not a cake batter - that would have been harder to save. I like the idea of adding coconuts!!!

    ReplyDelete