Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse Tart


By all the Alpha Bakers raving reviews,
this Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse Tart
should be spectacular.
I fear this is the culprit
in my tart falling short.


Don't let the hazelnuts over brown,
Rose instructed.

Quite certain mine did
but there was no way I was starting over.
In the midst of baking, I had unexpected
company, namely my lovely daughter in law 
with three lively grandchildren.
Normally I would revel in a surprise visit,
but I was up to my elbows in boiling hazelnuts, 
then skinning said hazelnuts.
In the middle of the merriment,
I popped them in the oven for toasting
and promptly received a long distance phone call
I'd been waiting for all day.

You know what is a sure way to
over brown hazelnuts?

Not turning on the timer.


I carried on anyway because
I knew if I stopped,
I wouldn't make this tart.
And I was beyond caring at this point.


Over browned or not,
I can't grasp the flavor, which is odd,
because I truly love hazelnuts.
This is one recipe I'll have to try again,
only with canned hazelnut praline paste.
 Definitely down the road a bit,
when we finish 
baking through the book.
It wasn't difficult, 
just not something to tackle with frazzled nerves. 
~
by
Rose Levy Beranbaum





2 comments:

  1. Hi Vicki, it looks good and I can't see anything wrong with your tart , but you say that there is no flavor? did you forget to and the hazelnut liqueur? P.S. and yes I made the Hazelnut praline powder on pg. 344 for the crust and filling (the baking bible).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it looks great. Shame it didn't wow you. I think it's worth trying again as you say when we've finished the bake through.

    ReplyDelete