Monday, May 30, 2011

Chocolate Raspberry Trifle

Photobucket

The day Rose's Heavenly Cakes arrived, this Chocolate Raspberry Trifle is the very first page I saw.  It stunned me.   I have dreaded making this recipe because of  my nemesis, namely genoise.  Surprisingly enough, today there were no hidden flour balls and it rose to the required height.  The rest was, as they say, a piece of cake.  The remaining components took quite a bit of time and loads of stirring, but they were not difficult steps.  The custard alone would make this recipe worthwhile.  Eldest granddaughter not only did a happy cake dance over the trimmed bits of cake, but declared she'd like to jump into a swimming pool of custard.  

6 comments:

  1. The custard took a while, indeed! Congrats on a successful genoise, Vicki. It looks marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh Vicki.. YUM, I pass it by, way too many things going on this pass weekend and I was not up to following 7 pages of directions.. but, boy am I re-thinking it... we know what I'm going to make on the next FREE CHOICE week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ב''ה

    Swimming pool of custard indeed!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay--a well-behaved genoise! i bet my friend cookie would also want to swim in a pool full of custard. your trifle looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know about swimming in custard, but I'd go for a facial! Looks as good as the book, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks wonderful, Vicki. Congrats on the genoise success!! And your granddaughter is just too funny :o)

    ReplyDelete