Monday, December 13, 2010

Financier-Style Vanilla Bean Pound Cakes


We don't need no stickin' financier silicone pans.  Well, actually we do, but I made due with silicone cupcake molds.  It made eight with one casualty slipping off the rack whilst coming out of the oven.  Does the five second rule hold?  I may have cried.  This was a lot of work for eight tiny cupcakes.  Next time the recipe will be doubled.

I used vanilla bean paste for the first time with these little gems.  Interesting stuff, not at all what I expected, quite runny.  The few ingredients went together easily.  Rose clarified the unusual dough texture and I'm very glad she did, otherwise I would have beaten it far too long.



Topped with a dab of marscapone and apricot jam, these were delicious.  Everyone very much enjoyed them and go on the Make Again List.

4 comments:

  1. Excellent the way you topped these little cuties. What brand of vanilla bean paste did you use? Mine (N-M) is very thick. Not as thick as honey, but more like honey than water. Hope that makes sense.

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you finished these - very creative. You asked about my mini-muffin pan; it's metal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea with the cheese and jam!! I love, love, love apricot jam. I make it every year! Great Choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww.. that's the cutest financiers! I love the mascarpone topping and apricot jam on top.

    ReplyDelete